Citizens Advice Bromsgrove and Redditch

Donate through Give as you Live Donate

Household Support Fund Phase 4

The Household Support Fund Phase 4 has been provided by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Citizens Advice Bromsgrove & Redditch are administering the fund on behalf of Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Council. Each council has their own fund

If you meet the eligibility criteria, please select the area you are from by clicking the links at the bottom of this page. Clicking the links will take you to the correct online request form for your Council area.

Any requests made that are not within the Bromsgrove District Council or Redditch Borough Council areas, will be ignored.


Must be over 18 years (or a child who is living independently but is under the age of 18 years).
• Have a household income of less than £31k (including means tested benefits)
• Have insufficient savings to meet this need
• Have insufficient funds in their bank account to meet this need
• Have a vulnerability as defined below.
• Has NOT received support during the last 6 months from the Household Support Fund scheme

This fund can include households taking up new tenancies in social housing and the private rented sector to help them with essential items and costs.

The fund can be used for housing support costs where DHP and other housing support does not meet this essential need. Where the applicant is at risk of homelessness should be referred to the Housing Options Team at bdht or the Homelessness and Housing Solutions Team in Redditch. Contact details for bdht are 01527 557510 contact details for Redditch Homelessness and Housing Solutions 01527 534069.
Household Support Grant should not be utilised as an ongoing solution to support unsustainable tenancies.

The fund cannot be used to provide mortgage support and applicants should be referred to their lenders, but homeowners can qualify for support with other essentials.

The fund can be used to fund historic rent arrears if all other options have been exhausted.

Those requiring help with gas, electric, water, LPG tank top up, bottled gas, coal, boiler repairs and heating replacement or installation should be referred to Act on Energy. 0800 988 2881

Please note Act on Energy will not provide emergency help for utility costs.

Applicants requiring food only can be referred to local food banks.

Vulnerability Definition

Vulnerabilities can be wide ranging and the list below is a guide and not an exhaustive list:

• Long Term Health Conditions/Households with Disabilities
• Self Employed whose income has been impacted by the pandemic
• Working or non working households who continue to be impacted by the pandemic
• Households with high levels of debt
• Recently been made redundant
• Pregnant
• In receipt of free school meals
Eligible Spend

Applications can cover more than one element of the funding below as long as the value doesn’t exceed the applicable amount for the appropriate household type.

Household Items
Purchase of kitchen equipment including Fridges, Freezers, Ovens etc
Emergency Energy/Utility costs

Wider Essentials
May include but is not limited to:

Other bills including broadband and phone bills
Essential transport costs – repairing a car, buying fuel, buying a bicycle.

Post Office vouchers will be awarded to successful applicants to assist with the purchasing of the required essentials. The maximum rates will be issued to the following households:
Single Households £200
Couples £250
Families £350
Any Households with a Pensioner and/or Disability will receive an additional £100

For the purpose of this grant the definition of a child is any person:
• Who is under the age of 19 or
• A person aged 19 or over in respect of whom a child related benefit eg child benefit is paid or free school meals are provided.
Where an eligible child lives on their own, they are classed as a household that includes a child for monitoring purposes.
Evidence Required to Prove Eligibility

Proof of a minimum 6 month residency at applicant address
• Tenancy Agreement
• Confirmation of Any State Benefits
• Life Assurance/Insurance Policies
• Letter from Solicitor or Inland Revenue
• Utility Bill – gas/electric/water/telephone/mobile


Proof of Income
• Current Payslip/Universal Credit Statement or proof of other benefits, including name and address
• Self Assessment
• Two months Bank, Post Office, savings Statements (can also be used to confirm residency if providing over 6 months of same address).

If you meet the above eligibility, please click the area you live to register your interest.

Household Support Fund Phase 4 is Paused for Bromsgrove Residents

Due to the large number of requests, the Bromsgrove Household Support Fund phase 4 will remain paused until further notice. We will continue to process requests in the system, so please do not contact us asking for updates, as this causes delays. Please review this page for further updates. Bromsgrove residents using the Redditch submission form will not be processed.

Worcestershire Household Support Fund

Further funding has been made available for Bromsgrove & Redditch residents. This funding is from the Government Household Support Fund for vulnerable people 

This fund has been granted by the Government to help vulnerable people during this very difficult economic period. 

We are currently working with the County Council to distribute £75 cash vouchers to eligible pensioners NOT in receipt of Pension Credit, people with disabilities or a long term health condition, of any age, and carers of any age. 

Please answer the questions below to find out if you’re eligible.

Your answers and details will be sent to Citizens Advice Bromsgrove & Redditch to further check your eligibility. If you are eligible you will be contacted. We do not contact people who are NOT eligible.

You will not be eligible if you have had a voucher within the last 6 months.

Scroll to Top