Household Support Fund
The DWP has awarded Household Support Fund in order to support those most in need this winter during the final stages of economic recovery. It supports those households in most need with essential costs and wider essential costs.
IF YOU ARE A REDDITCH COUNCIL TENANT PLEASE CONTACT REDDITCH HOUSING SERVICES ON 01527 587000 TO ACCESS THE HOUSEHOLD SUPPORT FUND.
Must be over 18 years (or a child who is living independently but is under the age of 18 years).
Have a household income of less than £30k (including means tested benefits) unless the family household has members who are disabled and whose means tested benefits exceed this threshold.
Have insufficient savings to meet this need
Have insufficient funds in their bank account to meet this need
Have a vulnerability as defined below.
There will be a maximum spend of £500 per household per application.
The fund cannot be used to provide mortgage support, but homeowners can qualify for support with other essentials.
If you need help with gas, electric, water, LPG tank top up, bottled gas, coal, boiler repairs and heating replacement or installation please contact Act on Energy, who will be helping with these problems. 0800 988 2881 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you only require food, please contact us our Adviceline number 0808 278 7890 so we can ensure you receive a foodbank voucher.
Vulnerabilities can be wide ranging and the list below is a guide and not an exhaustive list:
- Long Term Health Conditions/Households with Disabilities
- Self Employed whose income has been impacted by the pandemic
- Working or non-working households who continue to be impacted by the pandemic
- Households with high levels of debt
- Recently been made redundant
- In receipt of free school meals
Eligible Spend - Essentials
Applications can cover more than one element of the funding below.
- Sanitary products
- Warm clothing
- Purchase of kitchen equipment including Fridges, Freezers, Ovens etc
May include but is not limited to:
- Other bills including broadband and phone bills,
- Essential transport costs – repairing a car, buying fuel, buying a bicycle.
TO APPLY FOR THIS FUND, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Reasons as to why your require the fund.
2. Information regarding your identification, this can be any one of the following;
· Tenancy Agreement showing date moved in.
· One-month Bank Statement dated at least six months ago
· Confirmation of Any State Benefits confirming your address up to six months ago
· Life Assurance/Insurance Policies
· Letter from Solicitor or Inland Revenue
· Utility Bill – gas/electric/water/telephone/mobile, dated at least six months ago
3. Information about your finances
· Payslip/Universal Credit statements covering the latest two months payments
· Proof of Self-Assessment
· Most recent bank statement covering 2 months of all accounts (* required)
· Most recent savings accounts covering 2 months of all savings accounts (* if applicable)
If you meet the above criteria or require further information please use the contact form below.